This brochure describes the interim results of the REFRESH (Resource Efficient Food and dRink for the Entire Supply cHain) project through May 2017. REFRESH’s research into the behaviours, economics, and relationships that lead to food waste will inform future recommendations into efficient and versatile solutions to food waste at all levels of its production.
REFRESH Interim Results
Uploaded by: Jennifer Wilson
Updated on: 28th September 2017
Author(s): Wunder, Stephanie, Erica van Herpen, David Rogers, Kate Bygrave, Manuela Gheoldus, Matteo Vittuari, Karin Östergren, Graham Moates, Keith Waldron, Keighley McFarland, Lucy Smith, Melanie Kemper (2017) REFRESH Interim Results.
- Develop strategic agreements to reduce food waste with governments, business and local stakeholders in five pilot countries: Spain, Germany, Hungary, the Netherlands and China. Within pilots, the participating stakeholders will test new approaches to reduce food waste.
- Build a pan-EU evidence base exploring and explaining the factors influencing current ‘sub-optimal’ consumer and business behaviour and practice, in order to support effective and targeted interventions.
- Formulate EU policy recommendations and support national implementation of food waste policy frameworks.
- Provide better estimations of the environmental impacts of food waste reduction.
- Design and develop technological innovations to improve valorisation of food waste, e.g. from food processing.
Start sharing your knowledge!
Upload your own resource and share your ideas with the rest of the community.Sign In | Share