New guidance for the food and drink sector on date labelling and storage advice
WRAP in partnership with the Food Standards Agency (FSA) and Defra, has published new guidance for the food and drink sector on date labelling and storage advice. The new guidance sets out best practice in the choice and application of date labels, storage and freezing advice for food and drink manufacturers, retailers and redistributors.
The new suite of materials includes:
- A main guidance document, covering all types of food and drink (best practice on food date labelling, storage and freezing advice);
- Checklists for date labels; product life, storage advice and freezing advice;
- Category specific guidance for fresh chicken and uncut, fruit and vegetables (further category guidance materials are in development);
- Redistribution summary – date labelling and storage requirements for surplus food for it to be safely redistributed; and
- Redistribution checklist – responsibilities for supplying and receiving surplus food.
Contact name: Estelle Herszenhorn
Contact email: Estelle.Herszenhorn@wrap.org.uk
More info link: http://www.wrap.org.uk/food-date-labelling?utm_source=email&utm_medium=internal-wrap&utm_campaign=date-labelling
Start sharing your knowledge!
Upload your own resource and share your ideas with the rest of the community.Sign In | Share